Thursday, November 17, 2011

Birdhouse Ornament

 Hello~ I've been busy working on making 15 of these adorable little birdhouse ornaments for a little gift to pass out at my 1st ever Cookie Exchange Party.

I love how they turned out. I still want to add white glitter to the base for a snow effect.

There's a little door in the back to put an electric tealight inside, which I had to hand cut.. I still haven't learned how to make my own files so this is an SVG file I bought from SVG Cuts awhile back.

                                                               
   Recipe:    
 The birdhouse is an SVG file from SVG Cuts
   The bird and branch are cut out from Winter Woodland
   Bird is cut out at 2.5" and the branch at 3", I trimmed off the trunk.
   The base is a 3.5" square from George Cartridge
 I added bakers twine and 2 brads in the roof so it could be hung from the tree
I added white effects using a white gel pen on the bird and berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment